Transferring your TLD domain to The Hosting Guy
Transferring your domains to The Hosting Guy is simple – just follow the guidelines in this FAQ. This FAQ applies to the following types of domain names: .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .co, .tv, .name, .me, .xxx, .mobi, .cc, .sx
Before you start the transfer you must ensure that the domain name is prepared for transfer. These steps need to be completed with the current registrar:
- The domain name needs to be unlocked.
- The administrative contact for the domain name should be listed with email address that you have access to. This may require turning off any WHOIS privacy service you have on the domain name.
- The registrar will need to provide you with a transfer authorisation code.
- The domain name must not have been registered or transferred in the past 60 days. This applies to all domain registries, and is not optional.
After those steps have been completed you can then initiate the transfer from your Hosting Guy account:
- Log in to your Hosting Guy Control Panel and select 'Domain Transfer'.
- Enter the domain name that you want to transfer to the Hosting Guy and check out.
- Once the transfer has been authorised the domain name will become active in your account within 7 days.
- You may also receive another email from the current registrar. If you do, you should read this very carefully as it may contain instructions for you to authorise the transfer away from them.